Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)

Below are some of the most frequently asked questions about the AEX Neighborhood Noise Mitigation Program.

Who pays?
Federal Grants from the Airport Improvement Program are used to fund 95% of the Neighborhood Noise Mitigation Program. The State of Louisiana Department of Transportation & Development provides the remaining 5%. No community taxpayer dollars are used to fund any portion of the Program.

What types of properties are eligible for the Program?
The Noise Compatibility Program has determined that eligible structures should be prioritized to include single-family or multi-family residences, and institutional and community facilities.

Is there a “list” to sign-up for the Program?
No. Once the eligibility criterion is determined, letters are sent to the homes of those respective blocks for an initial meeting. The homeowner meeting is an “invitation only” meeting where the Program is discussed at length, and at that time, eligible homeowners can fill-out an application to participate in the Program. Applications for ineligible homes are not accepted.

How do I obtain a copy of a “2010 Future Condition Noise Exposure Map, with Program Implementation”?
Alexandria International Airport has made the “2010 Future Condition Noise Exposure Map, with Program Implementation” available online. Click Here

Who can I call if I have questions about the Program?
The Airport’s consultants are available to address any inquiries about the Program. For more information call 318-427-6462 or 318-487-6181 or email
Deborah Murphy Lagos at deborah_murphy@urscorp.com or
Dudley Hixson at
DHixson@englandairpark.org.