Work under the supervision of the Director of Finance and Human Resources (“Director”). Assist Director with financial and accounting operations of the England Authority. Oversee daily operations of accounting department of the England Authority. Supervise assigned departmental staff.
- Supervise the day-to-day operations of the accounting department.
- Work closely with Director to coordinate accounting, insurance, budget and other functions of the finance department of the England Authority to ensure smooth day-to-day operations.
- Aid in management and maintenance of all general accounting files and records, departmental reports and records, and collection of statistical data for administrative and regulatory purposes.
- Help with the management of the Authority’s computerized accounting system covering general ledger, payroll, accounts receivable, cash receipts, accounts payable, and purchase order.
- Review and approve accounts receivable and accounts payable reports.
- Review and approve purchase orders, ensuring compliance with Louisiana Public Bid Law and all internal processes and procedures.
- Review payroll processing and act as backup to payroll duties as necessary.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly financial reports, quarterly and annual Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) reports, quarterly PFC reports, and various other reports for management, Federal /State grants, FAA, etc.
- Manage the completion and filing of FAA and DOTD reimbursement requests, ensuring accurate and complete records.
- Maintain capital project files.
- Manages the accounting for the car rental facility.
- Manages the Authority’s fuel inventory, reporting and usage.
- Support the preparation of the annual budget, and aid in revenue and expense projections in support of budget monitoring and amendment.
- Assist auditors during audit by providing analysis and interpretation.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements.
- Oversee operation of airport terminal parking lot.
- Perform reconciliations and analysis of various accounting information and accounts.
- Assist in managing records for all real and personal property of the England Authority and ensure the safekeeping and proper use of accountable items.
- Oversee management of inventory of all assets.
- Participate in staff meetings and attends other meetings as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Education – Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field.
Minimum Experience – One to two years’ experience in accounting or finance or related field (governmental accounting preferred); or any equivalent combination of training or experience.
- Knowledge of governmental accounting principles and procedures and State/Federal laws pertaining to governmental accounting/finance preferred.
- Knowledge of computers, software and automated systems utilized in the preparation and maintenance of accounting data.
- Ability to maintain complex accounting records and record-keeping system.
- Ability to perform and coordinate accounting activities.
- Ability to establish, implement and maintain compliance with related policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Analytical and supervisory skills.
- Ability to work effectively with other employees and the general public.
- Knowledge and skills in the use of general office equipment such as adding machine, computer and photocopier.
- Light physical effort (lift/carry up to 10 lbs.)
- Occasional standing/walking.
- Occasionally lifts supplies/equipment.
- Manual dexterity and mobility.
- Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching.
- Near Acuity: ability to see clearly at 20 inches or less.
- Occasionally subjected to irregular hours.
- Some travel will be required, approximately 3 trips per year when time allows.
- Occasional pressure due to multiple deadlines, calls and inquiries.
- Willingness to work overtime if requested.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.