TITLE: AIRFIELD GENERNAL MAINITENANCE TECHNICIAN FLSA: NON-EXEMPT
The General Maintenance Technician will perform general maintenance and repair of the airport grounds and facilities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with general maintenance of buildings and pavements.
- Assists the general condition of taxiways, runways, and field lighting.
- Cleans, makes minor repairs, and conducts preventive maintenance.
- Maintain grounds by cleaning, mowing, weeding and pruning; repairs and maintains irrigation systems.
- Mixes and applies chemicals such as herbicide and pest applications, as well as fertilizers to grounds areas.
- Assist with pavement maintenance, pot hole patching, minor concrete repair, crack and joint sealing.
- Performs troubleshooting electrical issues on airfield.
- Cleans equipment and tools after use and maintains cleanliness and order in storage areas.
- Operates ground moving equipment including dozer, front end loaders, runway broom, sweepers, dump trucks, trac-hoe, back-hoe, and other related equipment to grade runways, taxiways, and airport roadways.
- Assist in Wildlife Hazard Management
- Assists in staff meetings and attends other meetings as assigned.
- Responsible for proper and safe use of equipment.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of FAR 139 requirements
- Ability to operate vehicles associated with flight line and airfield operations.
- Knowledge of State/Federal laws and regulations related to the operations of an airport.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively with other employees, board officials, State/Federal agencies and the general public.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. or more.
- Requires extensive walking, carrying, reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.
- Exposed to a variety of electrical-mechanical hazards, fumes, odors, toxic chemicals (pesticides or herbicides).
- Subject to hazards of flammable, explosive gases.
- May be exposed to extreme weather conditions.
- Exposed to hazardous equipment.
- Work may require exposure to prolonged high noise levels.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- At least one year of experience in airfield maintenance desired but not required.
- Experience in welding desired but not required.
- Graduate from certified electrical trade school or 3 years of electrical experience.