TITLE: AIRFIELD GENERNAL MAINITENANCE TECHNICIAN FLSA: NON-EXEMPT
The General Maintenance Technician will perform general maintenance and repair of the airport grounds and facilities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with general maintenance of buildings and pavements.
- Assists the general condition of taxiways, runways, and field lighting.
- Cleans, makes minor repairs, and conducts preventive maintenance.
- Maintain grounds by cleaning, mowing, weeding and pruning; repairs and maintains irrigation systems.
- Mixes and applies chemicals such as herbicide and pest applications, as well as fertilizers to grounds areas.
- Assist with pavement maintenance, pot hole patching, minor concrete repair, crack and joint sealing.
- Performs troubleshooting electrical issues on airfield.
- Cleans equipment and tools after use and maintains cleanliness and order in storage areas.
- Operates ground moving equipment including dozer, front end loaders, runway broom, sweepers, dump trucks, trac-hoe, back-hoe, and other related equipment to grade runways, taxiways, and airport roadways.
- Assist in Wildlife Hazard Management
- Assists in staff meetings and attends other meetings as assigned.
- Responsible for proper and safe use of equipment.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of FAR 139 requirements
- Ability to operate vehicles associated with flight line and airfield operations.
- Knowledge of State/Federal laws and regulations related to the operations of an airport.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively with other employees, board officials, State/Federal agencies and the general public.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. or more.
- Requires extensive walking, carrying, reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.
- Exposed to a variety of electrical-mechanical hazards, fumes, odors, toxic chemicals (pesticides or herbicides).
- Subject to hazards of flammable, explosive gases.
- May be exposed to extreme weather conditions.
- Exposed to hazardous equipment.
- Work may require exposure to prolonged high noise levels.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- At least one year of experience in airfield maintenance desired but not required.
- Experience in welding desired but not required.
- Graduate from certified electrical trade school or 3 years of electrical experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities of personnel so classified.
England Airpark is an Equal Opportunity Employer.