The England Authority is looking to hire a Landside Technician. This full-time position works on the grounds of the England Airpark in Alexandria, LA.
This position is a tremendous opportunity to join a great team responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of our property.
The duties of the Landside Technician will be to maintain the grounds using power equipment and hand tools and assist in performing general maintenance and repair of facilities at England Industrial Airpark and Community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Performs general maintenance of grounds including mowing, weeding, pruning, opening and cleaning drainage ditches.
- Completes various landscaping activities such as: planting, cutting of trees/vegetation, cleaning of water features, removing debris and so on.
- Assists with repairs and maintenance of irrigation systems. • Assist others in various general maintenance and repairs of buildings, residential areas, and vehicles.
- Utilizes hand tools, landscaping implements, saws, power tools to complete assigned tasks.
- Performs routine maintenance on power equipment and cleans tools after use.
- Responsible for proper and safe use of equipment.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to operate various types of power equipment including lawn mowers, chain saws, leaf blowers, trimmers, hedge trimmers, and other landscaping equipment.
- Knowledge of use, and skill with a variety of hand and power tools.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of one year of experience in general maintenance work.
- Valid vehicles operator’s license and ability to pass background screenings.
The England Economic and Industrial Development District is an independent political subdivision of the State of Louisiana. England Airpark is composed of 3600 acres which includes the Alexandria International Airport (AEX). A mixed use development, England Airpark has over 300 units of housing, 1.5 million square feet of commercial space. Aviation, transportation, manufacturing, education and health care opportunities exist on site.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.