The Landside Grounds Hand will maintain the grounds using power equipment and hand tools and, under supervision, assist in performing general maintenance and repair of facilities at England Industrial Airpark and Community.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs general maintenance of grounds including mowing, weeding, pruning, opening and cleaning drainage ditches.
- Completes various landscaping activities such as: planting, cutting of trees/vegetation, cleaning of water features, removing debris and so on.
- Assists with repairs and maintenance of irrigation systems.
- Assist others in various general maintenance and repairs of buildings, residential areas, and vehicles.
- Utilizes hand tools, landscaping implements, saws, power tools to complete assigned tasks.
- Performs routine maintenance on power equipment and cleans tools after use.
- Responsible for proper and safe use of equipment.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to operate various types of power equipment including lawn mowers, chain saws, leaf blowers, trimmers, hedge trimmers, and other landscaping equipment.
- Knowledge of use, and skill with a variety of hand and power tools.
- Ability to follow instructions and complete assignments.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Extremely heavy physical effort (must be able to lift/carry 50 lbs. or more).
- Prolonged periods walking, standing, bending, stretching, climbing, or kneeling.
- Pushes/pulls or moves/lifts heavy equipment/supplies.
- Manual dexterity and mobility.
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions.
- Exposed to a variety of electrical-mechanical hazards, fumes, odors, toxic chemicals (pesticides or herbicides).
- Exposed to hazardous equipment.
- Exposed to prolonged high noise levels.
- Subject to injury from moving from moving parts of equipment.
- Exposed to hazards of steam or heat.
- Subject to hazards of flammable, explosive gas.
- Exposed to a variety of electro-mechanical hazards.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of one year of experience in general maintenance work.
- Valid vehicles operator’s license and good driving record.
The above statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities typically assigned to employees in this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of their duties and responsibilities. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new one may be assigned at any time with or without not notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.