Terminal Technician I
The England Authority has an immediate opening for a Terminal Technician. This position, located at the England Airpark in Alexandria, LA, is a great opportunity to join a great team and work in an airport environment.
The Terminal Technician I position is responsible for custodial, grounds and facility maintenance duties. The successful candidate will have experience working with variety of tools, equipment and machines including small hand tools, commercial lawn mowers, trucks, sprayers, forklift, single man lift, scissor lift, boom lift and other equipment.
Other Duties Include:
- Performs maintenance repairs and diagnostic inspections on jet bridges, rental car facility, and car wash.
- Cleans and sweeps pavement surfaces and mows airfield grass and safety areas; performs weed control activities; maintains airport grounds including lawns and irrigation systems.
- Performs semi-skilled work in building maintenance activities and equipment operations.
- Performs maintenance of utilities, pumps, motors, lighting, floor care, interior/exterior glass cleaning, security systems, video and media systems, data networks and chemical pretreatment of ponds and fountains.
- Fills out purchase requests for material, equipment and supplies needed.
- Operates a variety of tools, equipment and machines including small hand tools, commercial lawn mowers, trucks, sprayers, forklift, single man lift, scissor lift, boom lift and other equipment.
- Uses chemicals and cleaners safely and productively according to instructions to ensure personal, public, and staff safety.
- Assist in monitoring the wildlife, which includes birds.
- Cleans equipment, tools after use, and maintains cleanliness and order in storage areas.
- Mixes and applies chemicals such as herbicide and pest applications to ground areas.
- Performs daily safety inspections of assigned equipment prior to and after use.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience working general maintenance with electrical systems, pumps and motors.
- Must possess a valid vehicle operator’s license.
- Must be able to successfully pass criminal background check.
The England Economic and Industrial Development District is an independent political subdivision of the State of Louisiana. England Airpark is composed of 3600 acres which includes the Alexandria International Airport (AEX). A mixed use development, England Airpark has over 300 units of housing, 1.5 million square feet of commercial space. Aviation, transportation, manufacturing, education and health care opportunities exist on site.
For assistance in the application process, please call 318 -427-6406 or email: HR@englandairpark.org
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.